Town Hall: Outdoor Smoke-Free Public Areas
Join us April 15th!
- Date: 04/15/2013 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach , California 90266
The City, in coordination with Beach Cities Health District, Behavioral Health Services, and the Surfrider Foundation, is hosting a Town Hall meeting to discuss outdoor smoking in public places on Monday, April 15th at 6:30 PM.
The goal of this Town Hall meeting is to:
Gather input from the community (residents, businesses, visitors) regarding outdoor smoking in order to seek direction from City Council on pursuing an expansion to the existing ordinance.
The Town Hall meeting will consist of short, informative presentations that address issues relating to:
- the health impacts of second and third-hand smoke;
- cigarettes and environmental impacts;
- impacts smoke-free ordinances have on local businesses; and
- the options for expanding the existing ordinance.
The public will have a chance to ask questions and participate, and raise any concerns they have regarding an expanded smoking ordinance to the experts gathered.