Southern California Gas Company Construction
- Date: -
Southern California Gas Company is working on their natural gas pipeline system in Manhattan Beach, El Segundo and Hawthorne. The work involves installing a new pipeline as part of a project to enhance safety and reliability for customers in the area.
The following is the latest project schedule information:
Construction activity should be off the west end of Rosecrans by week’s end. The work at Sepulveda and the rest of Rosecrans should be completed, or very close to it, around the end of next week. They are on track for hydro test and tying in on the second and third week of this month (all related work will be on Aviation and Vista Del Mar) and finish everything the fourth week of July.
Below is important information regarding the work:
• Trucks and heavy equipment in the area
• Work-related noise and excavation dust
• Lane closures and limited parking during the work hours noted above
• Motorists are asked to follow all traffic signs and markers for their safety and the safety of others
The areas of work within the City will be:
• Rosecrans Avenue from Alma Avenue to Aviation Boulevard
• Highland Avenue from Rosecrans Avenue to 45th Street
• Aviation Boulevard from Rosecrans Avenue to 33rd Street
At times, when final connections are being made to the system, the odor of natural gas may be detected as it is vented from pipelines using safe and common techniques. Although this is normal when crews are working, anyone who has concerns about the smell of gas should not hesitate to call from a safe location at 1-800-427-2200, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Manager, SoCalGas
Project Information Line: 844-765-9385