|Follow us on|
Thanks to everyone who came out and played in the sand with us during our 57th Annual Sand Castle Design Contest! Check out our Facebook Photo Album from this year's event and share with your family and friends. A special shout out to DIGMB.com for sponsoring the winner prizes once again! Can't wait for another epic year of sand castle building in 2018!
|Sunday||August 6, 2017||7:00 AM to 7:20 AM Registration
7:20 AM to 7:30 AM Rules and Instructions
7:30 AM to 9:30 AM Building
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM Pictures and Judging
10:00 AM Awards Ceremony
|Manhattan Beach Pier - South Side
100 Manhattan Beach Boulevard
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Age Divisions (Individuals)
- Youth (Ages 12 and under)
- Teens and Adults (Ages 13+)
- Open Division (2 to 10 team members of any age)
- Junior Division (2 to 10 team members ages 5 to 12)
- Prizes will be awarded to all divisions for places 1st through 5th
All prizes generously donated by DIGMB
- Projects can range from dribbles to castles to sculptures
- Things to consider: Best Dribble, Best Castle, Best Sculpture
- All contestants MUST register at the event (including individual team members of a group division) and work only within the division for which they are registered.
- Contestants may only participate in one division.
- Contestants can use tools such as buckets, cans or shovels to construct their sculpture and environmentally safe objects such as beads, shells, feathers, play cars or pebbles to decorate the castles.
- No bottles or glass are allowed. No water may be hosed from outlets at the Pier. You may not use supports for your sculpture, it must be self standing.
- Registration 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM; Rules and instructions 7:20 AM to 7:30 AM; Build time 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM; Pictures and Judging: 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM; Awards Ceremony: 10:00 AM
- Sand castles built prior to the start of the competition will not be eligible for prizes.
- Time extensions will not be given to late registrants.
- Contestants will be given a flag to be placed next to their sculpture in the allowed space.