|Follow us on|
South Bay Film and Music Festival
Exhibition Dates: June 22nd to July 1st
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 22nd, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
The mission of the South Bay Film and Music Festival is to present the community with an ongoing celebration of film, music and arts culture. The Festival was conceived in the fall of 2015 and completed its inaugural event this past June. On the heels of their first Festival, the team is gearing up for a series of Quarterly special events, which will combine film screenings, music performances and art exhibitions.
Older Adults Art Show
Exhibition Dates: July 7th to July 9th
Opening Reception: Friday, July 7th, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
This annual exhibition is a joint collaboration between the Older Adults Program and Cultural Arts Division and showcases the works of artists ages 55+. Artists are allowed to submit two pieces for consideration in this juried exhibition.
Application Deadline is Monday, July 3, 2017
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Older Adults Art Show 2017, Outside the Lines
- To have your work featured, please complete, sign, and return one entry form (PDF) for each piece, along with your HANG READY* artwork to the Manhattan Beach Art Center (MBAC) by Monday July 3, 2017 between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Up to two entries per person (only one of these may be exhibited space permitting). No artwork that has been exhibited in a previous MBAC exhibition will be accepted.
- All artwork must remain at MBAC for the duration of the exhibition. No artwork shall be removed from the exhibition early without prior written authorization of MBAC gallery staff, and the artist.
- Please pick up your artwork from the Manhattan Beach Art Center on July 10th between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Any artwork not picked up by July 17th will be delivered to City Hall or Joslyn Community Center.
- The City of Manhattan Beach and the Exhibition Program does not provide insurance. Therefore, the artist/lender should provide his/her own insurance if necessary. The Exhibition Program is not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any work, equipment, or personal injury beyond the City’s liability policies.
- All artwork MUST be HANG READY to participate in the exhibition. Hang Ready means the artwork is fitted with an appropriate apparatus to hang/be installed in the gallery (ie, if it is a painting, it has a cleat/wire/hook on the back; if it is a drawing/photo/other flat artwork, it is framed and the frame has a cleat/hook/wire/etc. to hang; if it needs a specialized stand, it has it). Manhattan Beach Art Center will do its best to accommodate not hang ready artwork and use best practices to install it. This may result in pinholes in lightweight, wall mounted artwork, museum wax and other alterations.
To Submit Your Work:
- Complete and submit your entry form (PDF) (one form for each piece) to the Manhattan Beach Art Center by 2:00 PM on Monday July 3rd.
- Download, fill out and attach this entry form (PDF) to the back of your artwork. One form for each submitted piece.
- Drop-off HANG READY* artwork at the Manhattan Beach Art Center by Monday, July 3rd between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Pick-up your work at the Manhattan Beach Art Center on July 10th between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Exhibition Dates: July 14th to September 10th
Opening Reception: Friday, July 14th, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
The official food sponsor for Manhattan Beach Art Center's art exhibition opening receptions.