|Follow us on|
Celebration and Concert at Polliwog Park, Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The City of Manhattan Beach and V.O.I.C.E (Volunteers and Organizations Improving the Community’s Environment), will host the day's events featuring a large assortment of fresh food and family fun; including music, games, eco-friendly products and information on the City of Manhattan Beach’s efforts toward making our city a greater and greener place to live, play and work.
The first “official” Earth Day was held on April 22, 1970. People from around the nation got involved in efforts to help protect the environment. Since then, Earth Day has been celebrated in countries all over the world.
The first Earth Day celebration in the City of Manhattan Beach was held in 1992 at Polliwog Park and has grown to include more than 7,000 participants annually.
Download a copy of the 2017 Earth Day flyer.
Calendar (Subject to change)
Live Music all day. Featuring:
|11:00 AM||Dino Man Kids Music
||Stacy Robin & Imaginary Friends|
|12:30 PM||Liz King Singer Songwriter
|1:00 PM||Enviro Hero Awards
|1:30 PM||Free To Be Me Family Drum Circle|
|2:30 PM||The Lucky Ones (South Bay's Beach Rock Reggae)|
Eco Education Stage
|11:30 AM||Teaching Green's Kathleen Jacecko, "Eco Kids Nature Camp"
Grades of Green Youth Corp:
|1:30 PM||Honeylove's Susan Rudnicki, "Bees in Los Angeles"|
|2:30 PM||MB Botanical Garden MIKE Garcia, "With all this rain, are we still in a drought?"|
The City encourages attendees to find sustainable ways to get to our Earth Day Celebration. That could mean walk, run, jump, bike, skateboard or any number of environmentally friendly modes of transportation. To help you get there, the City has partnered with Lyft to give new users $5 off their rides to our Earth Day on Saturday, April 22nd. Here's how to get it:
- Download the Lyft app for iPhone or Android, then enter the code EARTHMB to redeem your deal.
- Or visit https://www.lyft.com/invite/earthmb and enter your phone number.
- Bring gently-used prescription glasses to the V.O.I.C.E booth.
- Battery recycling and printer toner cartridges at the City's Sustainable MB booth.
Earth Day Exchange
Gently-used, clean clothing, accessories and household goods will be collected and available to swap at the new Earth Day Exchange booth this year. Please review the following guidelines for the exchange:
- All donations must be clean and in usable condition.
- Donations must be of a reasonable size, due to space availability. If you are unsure whether your donation can be accommodated, please contact Kendra Davis at (310) 802-5063 or by email.
- Donations may be delivered to the following locations:
- City Hall during office hours
- M-Th 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Fri (4/21) 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Manhattan Beach Police Department, any time
- SunLife Organics in Metlox Plaza in Manhattan Beach
- M-F 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sat-Sun 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- At the Earth Day event
- Sat. April 22 from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- City Hall during office hours
- Donations requiring a receipt for tax purposes will be delivered directly to a charitable organization and not involved in the exchange. Please indicate that preference when donating.
- Those interested in finding new treasures may stop by the donation tent during Earth Day and “shop” for something new!
- Please be respectful and take only what you can use and leave enough for everyone to enjoy.
- Any remaining items will be donated to Dress For Success Worldwide West, Manhattan Beach Victims Assistance Team (VAT), Clothes the Deal and other local charity organizations.
- No rude or aggressive behavior will be tolerated. Please remember that this is an event to promote community sustainability, and we all belong to the same community!
- If there are any questions, please contact Kendra Davis via email or (310) 802-5063.
Vendor Set-up Instructions
We are looking forward to your participation in the annual Earth Celebration and Concert Polliwog Park on Saturday, April 22nd from 11am-4pm. With over 60 vendors and non-profits, food, and a great line-up of music and learning we'll have a full schedule and set up and break down will be busy. Please pass on the Earth Day 2017 Flyer to your contact list.
- Event setup will begin at 8:30am and conclude at 10:30am.
- We encourage you to arrive early and to park in the vendor permit parking area along Manhattan Beach Blvd.
- Volunteers will be available to help you unload at the street (preferred).
- Permit parking for vendors is available along the north side of Manhattan Beach Blvd. immediately adjacent to the event area.
- One parking pass per vendor will be issued upon check in. Please turn your wheels when you park pursuant to city law.
You may unload directly at your booth locations if you follow the guidelines below:
- You will be permitted to drive into the park to unload your vehicle starting at 8:30am (first come, first served).
- You'll have to check in with staff and have your proof of car insurance ready for verification.
- Queue up along Manhattan Beach Blvd beginning at the park entrance near the Red Historical Society House.
- Your vehicle must be off the park grounds by 10:30am sharp for the safety of attendees.
- All vehicles will be escorted by Parks and Recreation staff, so be patient if you choose to drive onto the park.
For more information, contact the Earth Day Event Lead, Lisa Ryder, at (310) 874-2499 or via email.