For questions regarding permits, please refer to the documents below. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
- Encroachment Permit (PDF) - For private items on walk streets and other eligible right-of-ways.
- Encroachment Permit for Sidewalk Dining (PDF)
- Home Occupation Permit Application (PDF)
- Massage/Bodywork Permit Application (PDF) - Request for Live Scan (PDF)
- Sign Permit (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Permit (PDF)
- Temporary Use Permit (PDF)
- Tobacco Retailer Permit (PDF) - Ordinance (PDF)
- Tree Permit (PDF) - Tree Planting Detail (PDF) -For private, protected trees in many residential districts.
- Zoning Business Review (For Commercially Located Businesses) (PDF)
- 50% Rule Acknowledgement Form (PDF) - Required for projects when project valuation is less than 50% of the reconstruction cost of the existing structure, where structure non-conformities exist.
- Change of Address Form (PDF) - For adding, changing or removing street addresses and suite numbers.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Information Form (PDF)
- Certificate of Appropriateness (PDF) - Required for alteration, restoration, rehabilitation, construction, relocation, or demolition of a historic or culturally significant landmark.
- Environmental Assessment Form (PDF) - Required for all discretionary projects (i.e. Use Permits, Variances, Zone Changes).
- Fence Height Agreement with City (PDF)
- Fence Height Agreement with Neighbor (PDF)
- Historic Landmark Application (PDF) - For historic or culturally significant designation.
- Master Application (PDF) - Required for most planning application submittals.
- Partial Demolition Acknowledgement Form (PDF) - Required for remodels with existing nonconformities to remain.
- Pre-Application Conference Request (PDF) - Optional procedure applicants may request for complex submittals.
- Alcohol Service (On-Sale) (PDF) - List of Restaurants and Bars with On-Sale Alcohol Service in Manhattan Beach.
- Coastal Development Permit Application Instructions (PDF) - All projects within the City's Coastal Zone must obtain a coastal permit, unless otherwise exempted/excluded.
- Encroachment Booklet (PDF) - Summarizing encroachment standards.
- Encroachment Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Fence and Walls Handout (PDF)
- Minor Exception Application Instructions (PDF) - For limited code-specified circumstances.
- Planning and Zoning Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Radius Map Notification Instruction Sheet (PDF)
- Sepulveda Boulevard Development Guide (PDF)
- Sign Program Example (PDF)
- Survey Requirements (PDF)
- Use Permit and Variance Application Instructions (PDF)