Established by ordinance, pursuant to provisions of the California Building Code, the Board of Building Appeals hears requests for interpretation of Code provisions, alternative materials and methods of construction. The composition of the 5-member board is mandated by the Municipal Code and meets on an as-needed basis.
Board of Building Appeals Members
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Commission meets as necessary in the City Hall Conference Room.
Staff Liaison: Carrie Tai, Community Development Director, (310) 802-5503.
Members serve 3 year terms. There is no maximum tenure.
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
Members shall be qualified by "experience and training" (per Resolution No. 5702)
Brown Act Training
City Council Meeting
- Date: 07/19/2011 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
The City of Manhattan Beach will be conducting Brown Act Training for City Council and members of City Boards & Commissions.
The Brown Act course will include an overview of the Ralph M. Brown Act (Cal. Gov. Code § 54950 et seq.), the California open meeting law, and the conduct of open and public meetings by City Council and City Commissions.
For more information, please contact Liza Tamura, City Clerk, at (310) 802-5056.