Your Health and Air Quality
What Can You Do About It?
- Date: 06/04/2012 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Manhattan Beach Police and Fire Community Room
420 15th Street
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Does air quality impact our health? Join VOICE and the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) to discuss air quality in the South Bay, the health impacts of air pollution, and what we can do to reduce air pollution.
For the last two decades, as part of its efforts to reduce local air pollution, AQMD has promoted a number of programs to combat climate change, such as:
- energy conservation
- low-carbon fuel technologies (natural gas vehicles; electric-hybrids, hydraulic-hybrids, and battery-electric vehicles)
- renewable energy
- vehicle miles traveled (VMT) reduction programs, and
- market incentive programs
Attend this special event to learn more, and ask questions about what you can do to improve our air quality. Please contact Diane Wallace at (310) 266-1241 if you have any questions and to RSVP.
For more information on the City's environmental programs, please visit the Going Green website.