2012 Manhattan Beach Open - Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Volleyball
- Date: -
- Location: South side of the Manhattan Beach pier
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Manhattan Beach Open
Manhattan Beach is probably most famous for its beach volleyball and the grand daddy of beach volleyball tournaments, the Manhattan Beach Open. Since 1960 this tournament, which started as an amateur event and is now part of the professional volleyball player's tour, has been a popular Summertime activity. The Manhattan Beach Open is the only professional volleyball tournament in which amateurs are able to "place into" the event through pre-qualifying rounds. Many local residents have participated in the tournament and some have won the tournament including U.S. Olympic Silver Medalist, Mike Dodd. Winners of the tournament are memorialized with bronze volleyball-shaped plaques in the "Volleyball Walk of Fame" which spans the length of the Manhattan Beach Pier.
|Tournament Date||Friday, August 24, 2012 to Sunday, August 26, 2012|
|Registration Date||Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time|
|Seeding||Seeding for the Manhattan Beach Open - Jose Cuervo Series will be based on the USA Volleyball (USAV) National Ranking System.|
|Qualifier Date||Friday, August 24, 2012|
|Location||South side of the Manhattan Beach pier|
|Tournament Format||32 Team Draw - Double Elimination (22 automatic berths and 2 wildcard berths)|
|Qualifier Format||Single elimination to qualify last 8 teams into the Main Draw|
|Cost||$200 per team ($100 per player – each partner registers separately)|
|Prize Money||$100,000 (Top 16 teams paid)|
- Refunds for cancelations will be processed less a $20 administrative fee, if the cancelation occurs after the registration deadline.
- Late cancelations will be handled on a case by case basis.
- If you are unable to participate in the tournament, please contact the the Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Volleyball Series staff as soon as possible at Probeachvolleyballseries@imgworld.com.
Partner changes and Withdraws
- No partner changes will be allowed after the registration deadline!
- If you have a partner change or any of your personal information changes before the event and you created a registration account in the registration system, it can be updated anytime before the registration closes. You can access your account directly through the USA Beach Volleyball website.
- If a team withdraws before Wednesday at noon the week of the event, the tournament will be reseeded. Any withdrawals after the Wednesday at noon deadline, the brackets will stay the same causing the opposing team to get a bye.
- Preliminary brackets will be posted online on Monday, August 20, 2012 and final brackets will be posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 on the Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Volleyball Series website.
- If your partner fails to register before the registration deadline, your team will not be entered into the tournament and your registration will be refunded minus the $20 administrative fee.
- All players must check an hour before their first match, no later than 10:00 AM.
- Valid identification to check-in: US driver's license or US passport.
- Signed and completed W-9 (PDF).
Terms and Conditions
- All participants MUST be a member in good standing of United Sates of America Volleyball (USAV). (If you are playing, officiating, or coaching USAV club [not Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) or other], you may already be a member). Any minor participants MUST submit a completed USAV Medical Release. All participants under the age of 18 MUST have this waiver with them on site at every USAV event.
- All participants must complete a W-9 (PDF) and turn it in at check-in.
- I hereby acknowledge, to be eligible to play in any USAV event, that I am an United States citizens and have not played under any other national federation in the past two year. I must show valid identification (driver's license or US passport) at check-in prior to playing. Failure to show verification of U.S. citizenship will result in disqualification from any USAV event.
- If you do not have a membership or would like to check your membership status, click the following link to get a complimentary membership: USA Beach Volleyball website