Established by resolution, the Parking and Public Improvements Commission is responsible for public parking issues, capital improvement projects, traffic management, activities within the public right-of-way including encroachment permits, undergrounding of utilities, and environmental enhancement. Consists of five (5) members: three (3) members selected at-large and two (2) members shall be members of the business community. The Commission meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM.
Parking and Public Improvements Commissioners
|SEAT||MEMBER||ORIGINAL TERM APPOINTMENT||CURRENT TERM EXPIRES|
|1.||Member At-Large||Scott Longhurst||
|2.||Business Community||Steven Delk
|3.||Member At-Large||Kathleen Paralusz||
|4.||Business Community||Steve Murillo
|5.||Member At-Large||Joseph Franklin||
Meets 4th Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM City Council Chambers.
Staff Liaison: Erik Zandvliet, City Traffic Engineer (310) 802-5522
Members serve 3 year terms. They may serve a maximum of two terms (6 years).
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
** Members appointed to fill a vacancy with less than 18 months remaining in the term are automatically reappointed to a three-year term without additional Council action.
*** If a vacant seat had 18 months or more remaining in its original term, the member would complete the original term and then be eligible for reappointment to one succeeding three-year term.
Agendas and Minutes
Click on Event title below to download Agenda items for the selected meeting.
Parking and Public Improvements Commission Meeting
- Date: 04/25/2013 6:30 PM - 8:45 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
The Parking and Public Improvements Commission (PPIC) is responsible for public parking issues, capital improvement projects, traffic management, activities within the public right-of-way including encroachment permits, undergrounding of utilities and environmental enhancement.
A G E N D A
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
04/25/13-1 March 28, 2013
D. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (3-Minute Limit)
The public may address the Commission regarding City business not on the agenda
E. GENERAL BUSINESS
04/25/13-2 Consider Adult Crossing Guards and other Traffic Measures at Herrin Avenue and 18th Street and at Herrin Avenue at 19th Street
F. COMMISSION ITEMS
04/25/13-3 Commissioner Items
G. STAFF ITEMS
04/25/13-4 Monthly Revenue and Expenditure Report: Receive and file
04/25/13-5 Staff follow-up items
H. ADJOURNMENT TO THURSDAY, May 23, 2013
Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting