Established by ordinance, pursuant to provisions of the California Building Code, the Board of Building Appeals hears requests for interpretation of Code provisions, alternative materials and methods of construction. The composition of the 5-member board is mandated by the Municipal Code and meets on an as-needed basis.
Board of Building Appeals Members
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Commission meets as necessary in the City Hall Conference Room.
Staff Liaison: Carrie Tai, Community Development Director, (310) 802-5503.
Members serve 3 year terms. There is no maximum tenure.
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
Members shall be qualified by "experience and training" (per Resolution No. 5702)
Boards & Commissions Interviews
City Council Meeting
- Date: 04/23/2013 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Police/Fire Conference Room
415/420 15th Street
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM. Meetings are subject to change in the event of a National or State holiday. Check the City Calendar to note any changes in Council Meeting schedule.
Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Time Warner), Channel 35 (Verizon), and Live Webcast via the City's website. Past meetings are rebroadcast at 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM Thursdays and Saturdays following the Tuesday meeting on Channel 8 (Time Warner) and Channel 35 (Verizon).
For more information on City Council meetings, check out the City Council Meetings and Agenda's page.
This is a meeting of the Manhattan Beach City Council to conduct interviews of candidates for various Boards & Commissions.