Established by ordinance, pursuant to provisions of the California Building Code, the Board of Building Appeals hears requests for interpretation of Code provisions, alternative materials and methods of construction. The composition of the 5-member board is mandated by the Municipal Code and meets on an as-needed basis.
Board of Building Appeals Members
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Commission meets as necessary in the City Hall Conference Room.
Staff Liaison: Carrie Tai, Community Development Director, (310) 802-5503.
Members serve 3 year terms. There is no maximum tenure.
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
Members shall be qualified by "experience and training" (per Resolution No. 5702)
City Council Meeting - Budget Study Session #4
- Date: 05/28/2013 6:00 PM
- Location: Police/Fire Conference Room
400/420 15th Street
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
The City of Manhattan Beach is pleased to announce the public meetings for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013-2014 Proposed Operating Budget. Additionally, prior years' budget information can be found on the Finance Department's Budget page.
Staff provided an introduction to the fiscal year 2013-2014 operating budget at the City Council Meeting of May 7, 2013.
Please note that Budget Study Sessions will not be broadcast, but will be recorded for later viewing, and the schedule is subject to change. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information on City Council meetings, check out the City Council Meetings and Agenda's page.