Established by ordinance, pursuant to provisions of the California Building Code, the Board of Building Appeals hears requests for interpretation of Code provisions, alternative materials and methods of construction. The composition of the 5-member board is mandated by the Municipal Code and meets on an as-needed basis.
Board of Building Appeals Members
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Commission meets as necessary in the City Hall Conference Room.
Staff Liaison: Carrie Tai, Community Development Director, (310) 802-5503.
Members serve 3 year terms. There is no maximum tenure.
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
Members shall be qualified by "experience and training" (per Resolution No. 5702)
Parking and Public Improvements Commission (PPIC) Meeting
- Date: 10/23/2008 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: City Chambers
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
The PPIC is responsible for public parking issues, capital improvement projects, traffic management, activities within the public right-of-way including encroachment permits, undergrounding of utilities and environmental enhancement.
The Parking and Public Improvements Commission (PPIC) meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM. The agenda will be posted the week of the meeting. For more information on the Parking and Public Improvements Commission please check out the Parking and Public Improvements Commission's page.
A G E N D A
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
10/23/08-1 September 25, 2008
D. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (3-Minute Limit) The public may address the Commission regarding City business not on the agenda
E. GENERAL BUSINESS:
10/23/08-2 North Manhattan Beach Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan –Public Workshop
F. COMMISSION ITEMS
10/23/08-3 Parking meter revenues and traffic violations revenues report
G. STAFF ITEMS
H. ADJOURNMENT TO THURSDAY DECEMBER 4, 2008