SCE Community Meeting
El Porto Project and the Hill Circuit
- Date: 09/10/2014 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Manhattan Beach Preschool
1431 15th Street
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Southern California Edison (SCE) will be making electrical upgrades as part of the "El Porto Project" in the City of Manhattan Beach. The project goal is to eliminate the El Porto Substation once the electrical upgrades have been completed.
SCE will host two Community Meetings to present information about the El Porto Project construction activities, outages, and SCE's programs and services.
- Community Meeting about El Porto Project: September 9, 2014. Joslyn Community Center, 1601 Valley Drive, Manhattan Beach, 90266. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Presentation begins at 6:00 PM. One on one discussion with SCE employees from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM.
- Community Meeting about El Porto Project and Hill Circuit: Manhattan Beach Preschool, 1431 15th Street, Manhattan Beach, 90266. Presentation begins at 5:30 PM.
- Crews will replace existing electrical poles and will upgrade underground structures and equipment.
- Some excavation and trenching may occur during construction.
- Dates: Mid-September 2014 to 2015.
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM.*
*Please be advised these dates and times are subject to change due to unforeseen operational factors or inclement weather.
- Crews may need to access your property to replace poles. You will be notified when crews enter the property.
- During construction, there will be lane closures. SCE will use a combination of traffic control signs and crew members with flags to ensure vehicle and pedestrian safety.
- For crews to work safely, it will be necessary to de-energize our power lines for short periods of time. In these cases, SCE will send notices to affected customers at least 72 hours prior to maintenance outages.