2013–14 Water Main Replacement Project
Construction starts: Monday, September 14, 2015
- Date: -
1. 9th Street: Meadows Avenue to Rowell Avenue
2. 10th Street: Meadows Avenue to Rowell Avenue feet
3. 11th Street: Meadows Avenue to Rowell Avenue
4. Rhonda Drive/Longfellow Drive: Kuhn Drive N. to Kuhn Drive S.
5. Terraza Place: Rhonda Drive to end
6. Chabela Drive: Keats Street to Longfellow Drive
7. Altura Way: Keats Street to Longfellow Drive
8. Shelley Street: Prospect Avenue to Chabela Drive
9. 5th Street: Rowell Avenue to Peck Avenue
10. 3rd Street: Rowell Avenue to Peck Avenue
11. Redondo Avenue: 2nd Street to Artesia Blvd.
12. 2nd Street: Redondo Avenue to Aviation Blvd
Additionally, the installation of 2” water blow-off assemblies at four sewer pump stations would also be provided.
The City has contracted with Stephen Doreck Equipment Rentals, Inc. to construct the water mains. The contractor will have 140 working days to complete the project. Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except holidays.
Street parking is prohibited when work is underway. “TEMPORARY NO PARKING – TOW AWAY” signs will be posted 72 hours before work begins on your street. Vehicles parked on a street with a posted “TEMPORARY NO PARKING – TOW AWAY” sign will be towed at the owner’s expense.
You may experience temporary service interruptions. Unless it’s an emergency, you will be notified prior to service interruptions.
Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this project may cause. If you have any questions about the project, please contact:
Contractor: Pablo Viramontes, Project Manager, Cell (909) 770-2169
City of Manhattan Beach: Tom White, Inspector, Cell (310) 256-0632
Ed Kao, Project Manager, (310) 802-5358