Established by resolution, the Parking and Public Improvements Commission is responsible for public parking issues, capital improvement projects, traffic management, activities within the public right-of-way including encroachment permits, undergrounding of utilities, and environmental enhancement. Consists of five (5) members: three (3) members selected at-large and two (2) members shall be members of the business community. The Commission meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM.
Parking and Public Improvements Commissioners
|SEAT||MEMBER||ORIGINAL TERM APPOINTMENT||CURRENT TERM EXPIRES|
|1.||Member At-Large||Scott Longhurst||
|2.||Business Community||Steven Delk
|3.||Member At-Large||Kathleen Paralusz||
|4.||Business Community||Steve Murillo
|5.||Member At-Large||Joseph Franklin||
Meets 4th Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM City Council Chambers.
Staff Liaison: Erik Zandvliet, City Traffic Engineer (310) 802-5522
Members serve 3 year terms. They may serve a maximum of two terms (6 years).
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
** Members appointed to fill a vacancy with less than 18 months remaining in the term are automatically reappointed to a three-year term without additional Council action.
*** If a vacant seat had 18 months or more remaining in its original term, the member would complete the original term and then be eligible for reappointment to one succeeding three-year term.
Agendas and Minutes
Click on Event title below to download Agenda items for the selected meeting.
Parking and Public Improvements Commission Adjourned Regular Meeting
- Date: 05/30/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The Parking and Public Improvements Commission (PPIC) typically meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM, but has been rescheduled this month to May 30, 2019, due to a special City Council Budget Study Session occurring on the same night (May 23, 2019). The PPIC agenda will be posted the week of the meeting. Go to the PPIC homepage for more information and to download the agenda items.
The Parking and Public Improvements Commission (PPIC) is responsible for public parking issues, capital improvement projects, traffic management, activities within the public right-of-way including encroachment permits, undergrounding of utilities and environmental enhancement.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE TO FLAG
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
05/30/19-1 April 25, 2019
- AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (3-Minute Limit)
The public may address the Commission regarding City business not on the Agenda.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
05/30/19-2 Discussion of Work Plan Topics for Upcoming Joint Session with Parking and Public Improvements Commission/Planning Commission/City Council
- OTHER ITEMS
05/30/19-3 Monthly Revenue and Expenditure Reports: Receive and File
05/30/19-4 Staff Updates
05/30/19-5 Commissioner Items
- ADJOURNMENT to Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 6:00 P.M. Joint City Council Meeting
Future Meetings: June 27, 2019 – July 25, 2019 – August 22, 2019 – September 26, 2019 –October 24, 2019 – December 5, 2019