Established by resolution, the Library Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council regarding library services provided by the Los Angeles County Library System to the citizens of Manhattan Beach. Also, the Commission acts as a liaison between the City and public/private community groups supportive of library services. Consists of six (6) members who meet the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM.
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM in the City Council Chambers.
Staff Liaison: Jan Buike, Recreation Supervisor, (310) 802-5447.
Members serve 3-year terms. They may serve a maximum of two terms (6 years).
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
** Members appointed to fill a vacancy with less than 18 months remaining in the term are automatically reappointed to a three-year term without additional Council action.
*** If a vacant seat had 18 months or more remaining in its original term, the member would complete the original term and then be eligible for reappointment to one succeeding three-year term.
RESCHEDULED - Library Commission Meeting
- Date: 11/05/2018 6:00 PM - 6:48 PM
The Library Commission meeting has been rescheduled to November 5, 2018 due to the observance of Veterans Day.
The Library Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council regarding library services provided by the Los Angeles County Library System to the citizens of Manhattan Beach. The Commission also acts as a liaison between the City and public/private community groups supportive of library services. The Commission consists of six (6) members, five (5) at-large members and one (1) student representative. The Commission meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM. Meetings are subject to change; check the City Calendar to note any changes in the Commission Meeting schedule.
For more information on the Library Commission, check out the Library Commission's page.