Free Income Tax Assistance
- Date: 03/20/2019 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Location: Joslyn Community Center
1601 North Valley Drive
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
|Follow us on|
Every Wednesday beginning February 6th through April 10th from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM, the Joslyn Community Center will offer free assistance to the community with special attention to those age 60 and older. No reservation is needed; it is on a first come, first served basis.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide South Bay provides FREE Tax Assistance to older individuals in the community. IRS trained and certified volunteers will prepare Federal and California Tax returns for the community with special attention to those persons 60 and older. You do not need to be an AARP member to take advantage of this service.
What to Bring:
- A copy of last year's tax return
- All tax forms you have received (W-2’s, Social Security benefit statement, 1099 interest, dividend, and pension/IRA statements, etc.)
- If you itemize deductions (or have business expenses) such as medical expenses and charitable deductions you must total all these in advance (they will not add these up for you)
- Government issued ID (Driver's License, state ID, passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card for yourself and any dependents
- A blank bank check if you wish direct deposit of your refund
Please note, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide South Bay will prepare and only e-file Federal and California tax returns. They will not do paper returns. Also, they handle almost all standard tax forms except Schedule E for rental properties and Married Filing Separate. More information can be found on the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide South Bay website.
For more information, feel free to contact the Older Adults Program at (310) 802-5430. For more classes, activities, excursions and bus trips offered by the Older Adults Program, please visit the Older Adults Program page.