Established by resolution, the Library Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council regarding library services provided by the Los Angeles County Library System to the citizens of Manhattan Beach. Also, the Commission acts as a liaison between the City and public/private community groups supportive of library services. Consists of six (6) members who meet the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM.
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM in the City Council Chambers.
Staff Liaison: Eve Kelso, Recreation Services Manager, (310) 802-5407.
Members serve 3-year terms. They may serve a maximum of two terms (6 years).
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
** Members appointed to fill a vacancy with less than 18 months remaining in the term are automatically reappointed to a three-year term without additional Council action.
*** If a vacant seat had 18 months or more remaining in its original term, the member would complete the original term and then be eligible for reappointment to one succeeding three-year term.
City Council Adjourned Regular Meeting
Closed Session and Joint City Council/Parks and Recreation Commission, Cultural Arts Commission and Library Commission Meeting
- Date: 06/03/2019 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
This is a joint meeting of the Manhattan Beach City Council and the Parks and Recreation, Library and Cultural Arts Commissions.
City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM, unless rescheduled by the City Council. Additional City Council meetings are added as needed and are subject to change in the event of a National or State holiday. Check the City Calendar to note any changes in Council Meeting schedule.
Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website. Past meetings are rebroadcast at 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM Thursdays and Saturdays following the Tuesday meeting on Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier) and on demand via the City's website. To view other on demand webcasts the City provides for residents and viewers, go to www.citymb.info/MBTV.
To assist hearing impaired broadcast viewers, the City subscribes to closed caption services from a Certified Realtime Reporter. The transcription of the audio cannot be certified by the City due to the creation of the document by a third party.
For more information on City Council meetings, check out the City Council Meetings and Agenda's page.