Information Session: Community Arts Grants
- Date: 11/04/2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Manhattan Beach Art Center
1560 Manhattan Beach Boulevard
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
- Introduction: Learn about the upcoming Manhattan Beach Community Arts Grants Program and see if you qualify to apply.
|Follow us on|
Attend the first Information Session for the Manhattan Beach Community Arts Grants Program. Learn about the program, the different categories, and what is needed to apply.
This information session will be held on Monday, November 4, 2019 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Manhattan Beach Art Center, 1560 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
If you are unable to attend, interested individuals/organizations should email Martin Betz, Cultural Arts Manager to receive information on upcoming applicant information sessions.
Community Arts Grants Program
The City of Manhattan Beach Cultural Arts Commission serves to encourage, develop and facilitate an enriched environment of artistic, creative and cultural activity in the City of Manhattan Beach. As a component of many services and activities, the Cultural Arts Commission facilitates a program to provide financial support to organizations, schools and individuals for various projects through a competitive application and review process.
The Community Arts Grants Program is designed to fund projects and activities that provide quality arts and cultural enrichment within the City of Manhattan Beach.
Our purpose is to:
- Invest in small-scale community driven projects focused on arts, culture, and place making;
- Allow for direct community engagement with the Cultural Art Commission (CAC), and create a formal avenue to request funding for community based projects and activities;
- Generate new and innovative ideas for CAC to consider in the long term and decrease policy and process barriers to idea implementation.
- Strengthen collaboration between CAC and community arts groups.
Programs and activities supported through the Community Arts Grants Program take place within the calendar year, January 1st through December 31st annually.
Funding will be organized by the applicant’s type of organization, then into available category or categories for that organization type. Each category will have a maximum funding limit.
- $50,000 in funding available
- Arts Organizations - $7,000 maximum award
- Projects such as: outdoor performances, art exhibitions, art installations and lecture events are anticipated in this category
- Educational Institutions and Affiliated Groups - $1,500 maximum award Projects such as: In school art exhibitions, theater performances, dance performances and music performances are anticipated in this category.
- Individual Artists - $5,000 maximum award
- Projects such as: studio art projects, compositions, choreography, writing, and presentations are anticipated in this category.
- Walkabout events - $7,000 maximum award
- Projects such as: Art Walks, Art Fairs, and neighborhood performances are anticipated in this category
- All funds will be disbursed in a first payment of 80% of award after approval of applications, and final 20% of award will be disbursed upon receipt of completed final report (due 30 days after completion of project).