Established by ordinance, pursuant to provisions of the California Building Code, the Board of Building Appeals hears requests for interpretation of Code provisions, alternative materials and methods of construction. The composition of the 5-member board is mandated by the Municipal Code and meets on an as-needed basis.
Board of Building Appeals Members
|Seat||Member||Original Term Appointment||Current Term Expires|
Commission meets as necessary in the City Hall Conference Room.
Staff Liaison: Carrie Tai, Community Development Director, (310) 802-5503.
Members serve 3 year terms. There is no maximum tenure.
- Commissioners and boardmembers are volunteer positions and will serve without compensation.
- With staff liaison approval, commissioners and boardmembers may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their duties.
- Elected officials are not eligible to serve on any commission or board.
- It is customary for commissioners and boardmembers to serve on one commission at a time. Should there be an insufficient amount of applicants for the Board of Building Appeals, Resolution No. 5702 authorizes the City Council to appoint qualified members of Boards and Commissions who are concurrently serving on the Board of Building Appeals, as well.
Members shall be qualified by "experience and training" (per Resolution No. 5702)
City Council Meeting
- Date: 06/02/2020 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Public Comments - June 2, 2020 (PDF)*PLEASE NOTE, A LINK WAS ADDED ON JUNE 1, 2020, THE LINK INCLUDES ADDITIONAL ATTACHMENTS FOR AGENDA ITEM NO. 6.
Meetings are held at 6:00 PM, every Tuesday and at 12:00 PM, every Thursday, starting the week of June 1, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders No. N-25-20 and No. N-29-20, City Council Chambers is not open to the public. In the interest of maintaining appropriate social distancing, the City Council encourages the public to participate by submitting comments in advance of the meeting, no later than 7:30 AM, May 14, 2020 (the day of the meeting), via:
1) eComment at http://www.citymb.info/ecomment;
2) email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
3) telephone message recorded at (310) 802-5030.
All of your comments provided by the deadlines above will be available to the City Council and the public prior to the meeting.
In addition, you may participate by joining Zoom during the meeting:
If you wish to speak on any item on the agenda, please register in advance by clicking the following link: https://citymb.seamlessdocs.com/f/publiccomment.
Join Zoom Meeting via the internet:
Direct URL: https://comb.zoom.us/j/95441903099, Meeting ID: 954-4190-3099
During the meeting you will need to use the “raise hand” button through Zoom at the time the Mayor invites the public to provide comments.
2) Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Conference (Voice Only):
Phone Number: (669) 900-6833, Meeting ID: 954-4190-3099
During the meeting you will need to enter *9 on the phone’s dial pad at the time the Mayor invites the public to provide comments.
WHERE TO VIEW CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:
City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM, unless rescheduled by the City Council. Additional City Council meetings are added as needed and are subject to change in the event of a National or State holiday. Check the City Calendar to note any changes in Council Meeting schedule.
Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website.
To assist hearing impaired broadcast viewers, the City subscribes to closed caption services from a Certified Realtime Reporter. The transcription of the audio cannot be certified by the City due to the creation of the document by a third party.
For more information on City Council meetings, check out the City Council Meetings and Agenda's page.
Public Comments (PDF)
Agenda Item No. 6 - Supplemental Attachments (PDF)
City Council Agenda (PDF)
eComment on the Agenda (eComment window expires 24 hours prior to the meeting)
Webcast (Video link only viewable during live meeting)
Note: Link(s) may intermittently become unavailable during scheduled system maintenance or provider outage. You can also access the live stream of this City Council meeting by visiting www.citymb.info/MBtv page.