Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 06/10/2020 3:00 PM - 9:59 PM
- Location: Zoom Meeting - See Instructions Below
Please note: This meeting will take place at 3:00p.m. and will be available to view on the Planning Commission web page.
Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders No. N-25-20 and No. N-29-20, Council Chambers is not open to the public, in the interest of maintaining appropriate social distancing.
If you are unable to attend the meeting via Zoom and wish to comment on agenda items or other subject matter within the jurisdiction of the Planning Commission, please do the following: Submit comments via email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (310) 802-5520 and leave a message, before 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
Zoom Meeting Instructions: There are multiple ways to join the meeting. Please Note - the Planning Commissioners and Staff will be visible via video, but members of the public will not be shown on video, due to security and privacy concerns.
1. To watch the meeting only: Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website at https://www.citymb.info/departments/boards-and-commissions/planning-commission.
2. If you plan to speak during the meeting, join via Zoom at 2:45 p.m. in order to request to be on the speakers list.
a. Join Zoom Meeting via the internet (download app if needed):
Direct URL: https://comb.zoom.us/j/98843506493 , Meeting ID: 988 4350 6493
Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, whether you are the applicant, and your First & Last name. Examples: G.1 – John Smith.
b. Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Application (download app if needed):
Download Mobile Apps: https://zoom.us/download, Enter Meeting ID: 988 4350 6493
Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, whether you are the applicant, and your First & Last name. Examples: G.1 – John Smith or H.2 – Applicant – Amy Wong.
c. Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Conference (Voice Only): Phone Numbers: +1 669-900-6833 or +1 346-248-7799.
Find your local number: https://comb.zoom.us/u/aByWMRmYK.
Upon calling in, you will be “muted” until you are prompted by the Host to state which item you wish to comment on. Your mic will be unmuted when it’s your turn to provide Public Comment.
Please Note - All microphones for non-Commissioners or Staff will be muted during the meeting, except during Public Comment periods for which you have requested to speak.
The City strongly advises you of the following:
1) Download the Zoom app to your respective device well ahead of the meeting time. Visit https://zoom.us/ for the download link. Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version available.
2) Familiarize yourself with the Zoom application prior to the meeting.
3) Check the condition of all personal electronic equipment, internet and phone connections, and microphone/speaker functionality. The City is unable to support this equipment.
4) Join the meeting prior to the start time. Due to security or technical limitations, admittance to the meeting may not be possible after the meeting begins.
5) Every effort will be made to “rename” participants on Zoom as quickly as possible, so that phone numbers are hidden, however, phone numbers may be partially visible for a brief time.
Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website. Prior meetings are available to view on demand on the City’s Website at https://www.citymb.info/departments/boards-and-commissions/planning-commission. To view other on demand webcasts the City provides for residents and viewers, go to www.citymb.info/MBTV.
The Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 6:00 PM as scheduled. Please view the City Calendar for any updates or cancellations. The Planning Commission is responsible for long-range planning activities including major use permits, commercial planned development permits, zone changes, code amendments, and modification to long-range planning documents including the City’s General Plan and Local Coastal Plan.
For more information on the Planning Commission visit the Planning Commission's page.