Cultural Arts Commission Meeting
- Date: 07/20/2020 6:00 PM
- Location: Virtual: https://comb.zoom.us/j/92330757540
The Cultural Arts Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and is responsible for developing a master plan for cultural arts in the City, encouraging and supporting art education programs in the community and schools, participating in the Arts in Public Places selection process, and assisting in the Art in Civic Spaces Program. The Commission consists of six (6) members: one (1) artist representative, one (1) from the business and development community, three (3) at-large members and one (1) student representative. The Commission meets on the third Monday of every month at 6:00 PM. Meetings are subject to change. Check the City Calendar to note any changes in the Commission meeting schedule.
Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders No. N-25-20 and No. N-29-20, City Council Chambers is not open to the public. In the interest of maintaining appropriate social distancing, the Library Commission encourages the public to participate by submitting comments on agenda items or other subject matter within the jurisdiction of the Library Commission via email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 PM, July 20, 2020 (the day of the meeting), if you are unable to join the meeting via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting Instructions: There are multiple ways to join the meeting. Please Note - the Library Commissioners and Staff will be visible via video, members of the public may choose to turn on their video during public comment during their turn.
If you plan to speak during the meeting, join via Zoom at 5:45 p.m. in order to request to be on the speakers list.
- Join Zoom Meeting via the internet (download app if needed): Direct URL: https://comb.zoom.us/j/92330757540 , Meeting ID: 923 3075 7540 Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, and your First & Last name. Example: G.1 – Jane Smith.
- Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Application (download app if needed): Download Mobile Apps: https://zoom.us/download, Enter Meeting ID: 923 3075 7540 Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, and your First & Last name. Example: G.1 – Jane Smith.
- Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Conference (Voice Only): Phone Numbers: +1 669-900-6833 or +1 346-248-7799. Meeting ID: 923 3075 7540. Find your local number: https://comb.zoom.us/u/aByWMRmYK. Upon calling in, you will be “muted” until you are prompted by the Host to state which item you wish to comment on. Your mic will be unmuted when it’s your turn to provide Public Comment.
Please Note - All microphones for non-Commissioners or Staff will be muted during the meeting, except during Public Comment periods for which you have requested to speak.
The City strongly advises you of the following:
Download the Zoom app to your respective device well ahead of the meeting time. Visit https://zoom.us/ for the download link. Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version available.
- Familiarize yourself with the Zoom application prior to the meeting.
- Check the condition of all personal electronic equipment, internet and phone connections, and microphone/speaker functionality. The City is unable to support this equipment.
- Join the meeting prior to the start time. Due to security or technical limitations, admittance to the meeting may not be possible after the meeting begins.
- Every effort will be made to “rename” participants on Zoom as quickly as possible, so that phone numbers are hidden, however, phone numbers may be partially visible for a brief time.
For more information on the Cultural Arts Commission, check out the Cultural Arts Commission page.