If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on the appropriate link below for the position information and the supplemental application information. A City application is required for all open positions. A complete application (City application, record waiver and supplemental (if required)) must be submitted to the Human Resources Department. IMPORTANT: Facsimiles and final filing date postmarks will not be accepted.
- City application, record waiver and voluntary identification form (MS Word)
- You can request application materials to be mailed to you (online form)
If you are interested in a position that is not currently open, you can submit a Job Interest Card. The Job Interest Card will be kept on file with the Human Resources Office for a year. If the particular position is open for recruitment the applicant will be notified.
For volunteer opportunities, please visit the Volunteer Opportunities page.
Victim Assistance Team Advocate
- Salary/Pay Rate:None - Volunteer
- Posted Date:01/01/2012
Goal of Position: To aid victims of crime and domestic violence in Manhattan Beach
- Work closely with the Manhattan Beach Police Department
- Provide emotional support to victims of crime in Manhattan Beach
- Intermittently monitor Victim Hotline
- Help to arrange home security checks
- Provide information to victims about professional agencies experienced in handling specific problems
Length of commitment: Light administrative work 2 to 3 days per month, intermittent monitoring of victim hotline, and availability for 24 hour rotation calls 3 to 4 days per month
Worksite (location): Manhattan Beach Police Department, Crime Prevention Office
Qualifications Sought: Responsible, committed Manhattan Beach residents who can maintain confidentiality and represent the Police Department in a professional manner, and who have a sincere desire to aid victims of crime.
If you are interested in becoming a Victim Assistance Team volunteer, please call (310) 802-5185 or visit the Victim Assistance Team webpage for more information.