Temporary Green Line Station Closure
Metro (the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority) is laying the foundation for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project and making connections for the future. In order to make the necessary connections between the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project and the Green Line, Metro will need to suspend rail service between the Crenshaw Station and Redondo Beach Station.
THE WORK WILL:
- Activate the rail connection between the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project and the Green Line to make them functional.
- Begin testing trains between the two lines.
- Serve as a milestone for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project.
- Keep Crenshaw Station open for eastbound Green Line service only.
GREEN LINE CLOSURE ESSENTIALS
What: Rail service will be suspended beginning at 9 PM, Friday, January 4, through 3 AM, Sunday, January 20, 2019.
When: 9 PM, Friday, January 4 through 3 AM, Sunday, January 20, 2019
Where: The following stations on the Green Line will be closed and rail service will be suspended:
- Crenshaw (Note: This station will be open for eastbound Green Line service to Norwalk only)
- El Segundo
- Redondo Beach
NOTE: LAX G Shuttle stop will remain at its usual stop at Aviation/LAX Station.
Replacement Bus Shuttle Service (Line 853): A free Green Line bus shuttle will be provided to service all closed stations between the Crenshaw Station and the Redondo Beach Station during this time.
For more information visit metro.net/crenshaw.