Vista del Mar Construction
Starting on September 7, 2019, the City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works will begin construction on a sewer line replacement project on Vista del Mar, resulting in lane alterations and closures that will impact south bay commuters through 2020.
As part of the sewer line construction, the project site preparation and setup will include:
- Three lanes of traffic on Vista del Mar remaining open at all times;
- Traffic on Vista del Mar between Waterview and Napoleon Streets moved to the east side;
- Northbound traffic will become one lane at Waterview Street for 1,500 feet, from south of Napoleon Street to Surf Street;
- Southbound traffic will remain two lanes on Vista del Mar; and
- No parking on both sides of Vista del Mar near the traffic control area.
Construction work will begin on September 7, 2019, and occur from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Thereafter, on-going construction will occur Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Through traffic will be maintained at all times.
The Los Angeles Sanitation & Environment (LASE) division is building a new 54-inch diameter pressurized sewer line from Venice to the Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant in Playa del Rey to replace the existing 50-year-old sewer line. Learn more on the project at www.lacitysan.org/vdfm.
For questions or more information on the project, contact LASE at VeniceDualForceMain.SewerProject@lacity.org or (213) 485-5303. After 5:00 p.m. and weekends, call LASE Customer Care Center at (800) 773-2489.