Street Resurfacing Project Begins
The City of Manhattan Beach will begin a Street Resurfacing Project on February 10, 2020, and construction is expected to be completed in June 2020. The project represents an important street improvement in the City’s transportation system and your assistance and patience during the construction phase will be appreciated. Project locations are detailed in the image below and activities include:
- Reconstruction of curb ramps, curbs, gutters and sidewalks, and utility cover adjustments;
- Pavement repairs;
- Concrete demolition, clearing, grubbing;
- Street cold milling or grinding (Please note: Access to your driveway will be granted at all times, but we ask that you please limit the number of times you access the driveway while this work is underway).
- Tack Coat Placement: A layer of tack coat will be applied immediately prior to placement of the asphalt. (Please note: This tack coat can be very difficult to remove if it happens to get splashed onto your vehicle. Avoid driving or walking on the tack coat until it has cured. KEEP CHILDREN AWAY AND DO NOT WALK OR WALK YOUR PET ON THE NEW TACK COAT DURING CONSTRUCTION HOURS).
- Roadway Paving; and
- Installation of striping, markers, and signage.
The work will be performed weekdays during the normal City-authorized construction hours of 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Parking prohibitions will be posted 72 hours prior to any required street closure. Trash collection and/or emergency vehicles will have continuous access to the area.
A Construction Notice was mailed to the property owners being impacted by this Project, the week of January 27, 2020.