Press Release: Memorial Day Reminders (PDF)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Bruce Moe, City Manager
City of Manhattan Beach
George Gabriel, Senior Management Analyst
Memorial Day Reminders
Manhattan Beach, CA (May 22, 2020) - The City of Manhattan Beach reminds anyone heading to the beach to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday to practice personal responsibility by complying with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health orders and social distancing requirements.
The beach parking lots remain closed. However, the Metlox parking lot located at 12th Street and Morningside Drive and the City Hall parking lot located at 13th Street and Morningside Drive are open to the public.
The bike path and beach bathrooms are open. However, the Pier remains closed.
In preparation for the Memorial Day holiday, the City has hired additional security for the safety of residents and visitors.
Visitors are reminded to “beach responsibly” by following the County guidelines below:
Bring a face covering to be worn while out of the water and around others. Infants and children under the age of two should not wear cloth face coverings.
- Practice social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from other people who are not in your household. Avoid crowded areas or crowding around others at the beach.
- Gatherings of any size or other events are not allowed on the beaches including athletic competitions, youth camps, or recreational programming.
- Chairs, umbrellas, canopies, coolers, and grills are not allowed.
- The Pier and volleyball courts remain closed.
- Concessions and food vending are not allowed.
Please remember to practice good hygiene by washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer when water is not available.
The County of Los Angeles Health Order indicates that face coverings are required while on the beach (and not in the water) and when around others. Visit the Center for Disease Control for guidance on how to properly wear and care for your face covering or the LA County Department of Public Health’s guidance.