City Hall is located at 1400 Highland Avenue in Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Extended service hours for residents in the community, as well as vendors or business-owners are:
- Monday through Thursday - 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Friday - 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The City can also be reached via phone (310) 802-5000. We are closed on all major holidays. Public parking is available adjacent to City Hall via 15th Street parking lot entrance.
Click on an image below to enlarge a map, or view an interactive Map Tour of City Parking Lots.
Block Party Permit
- Divisions:Service, Permit Center
- Phone:(310) 802-5160
In accordance with Manhattan Beach Municipal Code 4.20, any person or group requesting closure of any street or part of a street to vehicular traffic must apply for a block party permit.
Download the Block Party Permit Application (PDF) or pick up a hardcopy from the Police Department Front Desk staff.
Procedures for obtaining a Block Party permit:
1. Read Conditions for Obtaining a Block Party Permit (Form A).
2. Fill out the block party information (Form B) and obtain the list of required signatures (Form C).
Obtain the necessary proof of insurance. Applicant may submit his/her own homeowners insurance provided it has a minimum $1 million coverage and the City of Manhattan Beach is named as “additionally insured” on the insurance policy. If submitting homeowners insurance, please request and fill out the “insurance endorsement form #1.” All personal insurance is subject to review and approval of the Risk Manager.
The City of Manhattan Beach does not offer special events insurance, but can recommend Merriwether & Williams Insurance Services, which provides General Liability insurance coverage through Sparta Insurance Programs for special events. Visit the Sparta Insurance Programs website or call (800) 420-0555 for more information about their services. If you have questions regarding insurance you may contact the City's Risk Manager at (310) 802-5257.
3. If amplified sound is going to be used at the party, a separate amplified sound permit must be obtained from the Police Department and filed with the application for block party permit. The fee for the amplified sound permit is $227.
4. The fee for the block party permit is $50. Checks are to be made out to the City of Manhattan Beach. Fee is non-refundable. If the application is approved, the applicant must also rent barricades for $26 from the Public Works Department.
5. Submit all relevant forms and application fees to the Police Department for processing (submit to P.D. front desk along with check in sealed envelope). A copy of the driver's license of the responsible party is also requested to be submitted at the time of application.
If you have any questions, please contact the Police Administrative Clerk by phone at (310) 802-5160 or by e-mail.