City Hall is located at 1400 Highland Avenue in Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Extended service hours for residents in the community, as well as vendors or business-owners are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, alternate open Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and can also be reach via phone (310) 802-5000. We are closed on all major holidays. Public parking is available adjacent to City Hall via 15th Street parking lot entrance.
Click on an image below to enlarge a map, or view an interactive Map Tour of City Parking Lots.
Sound Amplification Permit
- Divisions:Service, Permit Center
- Phone:(310) 802-5160
Every user of sound amplifying equipment on public or private property shall file an application with the Chief of Police at least ten (10) days prior to the date on which the sound amplifying equipment is to be used, pursuant to Manhattan Beach Municipal Code 5.48.
Download a Sound Amplification Permit Application (PDF) or obtain a hardcopy from the Police Department Front Desk staff.
Procedures for obtaining an Amplified Sound permit:
1. Read Conditions for Obtaining an Amplified Sound permit (Form A).
2. Fill out the amplified sound information (Form B) and obtain the list of required signatures (Form C).
3. The fee for the amplified sound permit is $227.00. Checks are to be made out to the City of Manhattan Beach. Fee is non-refundable.
4. Submit all relevant forms and application fees to the Police Department for processing at least ten days in advance (submit to Police Department front desk along with check in sealed envelope). A copy of the driver’s license of the responsible party is also requested to be submitted at the time of application.
If you have any questions, please contact the Police Administrative Clerk by phone at (310) 802-5160 or by e-mail.