City Hall Hours are Mondays through Thursdays 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Fridays 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Before you plan a trip to City Hall, check out our Permitting Center Schedule to know when staff and services are available.
The Daily Inspection Schedule (PDF) is updated by 6:00 PM each business day.
Refer to the Job Card (PDF) for the code(s) related to the inspection type(s) needed.
How to Request an Inspection:
You can request an inspection no later than 3:00 PM on the business day before you want the inspection to take place. The inspector will be scheduled to be at the job site the following business day. Any inspections requested on weekends, holidays, or after 3:00 PM on a business day, will be pushed out an additional business day.
The inspection request line is (310) 802-5542. This line is for inspection request voicemail messages only. When the recording begins, press * (asterisk) and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Project address
- Building permit number - or primary permit number associated to the project
- Three-digit code(s) associated to the inspection type(s)
- Whether you prefer an AM or PM inspection window - This is just a request, this does not guarantee the inspector will be there during this time period.
Additional Inspection Information:
- Building Inspector assignments are subject to change
- Inspectors do not set appointments
- AM = 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
PM = 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- When Building Inspectors are unable to complete all assigned work, the uncompleted inspection(s) will be carried over to the next work day.
- A re-inspection fee may be assessed when work is not ready, inspection card and/or approved plans are not available, no access has been provided or there is any deviation from the approved plans.
For inspection related questions, you may call (310) 802-5533 to speak to an Inspector. Inspectors are generally available by phone or at the counter Mondays through Thursdays 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM