New Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2020
Online Payment Service Now Available!
Two Ways to Pay:
- Have your invoice number available, click the CSS button below and select the "Pay Invoice" tile or "Pay Invoice" option on the menu bar (no log-in required) or;
- Click the CSS button below, log into your account, select the permit you want to pay and click the Add to Cart option
City Hall is closed to the public in compliance with L.A. County Health Orders. We are working towards implementing social distancing processes to better serve our customers.
ALL PREVIOUS UPDATES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Online Plan Review and Permits: Most of our department is working from home, however staff is able to process most plans, permits and payments via email and phone.
We have restricted some permit types available for online application. Please see the tables below for lists of unavailable and available permit types.
PERMIT TYPES CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
All other permit types are still available for online submittal and we will temporarily accept electronic attachments (PDF only) to accommodate these processes through the Citizen Self Service (CSS) Online Portal.
PERMIT TYPES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Payments: Payments can only be accepted by completing a credit card authorization form. Once fees have been assessed by staff, an invoice will be emailed to the permit applicant.
Inspections and Construction Meetings: Inspections and Construction Meetings will continue with staff practicing “social distancing” while onsite.
April 8, 2020 UPDATE:
The following information is supportive of the April 3, 2020 update.
Construction Emergency Order No. 1 went into effect on Saturday April 4, 2020. The listed items are what the Building Inspectors, Fire Inspectors, Code Enforcement and Police will be looking for during the inspection of a site. Failure to comply with one or more of the listed items is grounds for a $1,000 citation and shutdown of site for 48 hours.
April 3, 2020 UPDATE:
ZERO TOLERANCE ENFORCEMENT FOR CONSTRUCTION SITES
Per order of the City of Manhattan Beach Director of Emergency Operations, effective Saturday, April 4, 2020, the ORDER REQUIRING COVID-19 MEASURES AT CONSTRUCTION SITES must be fully met and maintained at all times on all City construction sites until further notice.
For sites with more than 4 workers, the Contractor shall designate a person as the Construction Site COVID-19 Supervisor to enforce this Order. The designated COVID-19 Supervisor shall be present on the Construction Site at all times during construction activities. The COVID-19 Supervisor can be an on-site worker who is designated to carry this role.
March 23, 2020 UPDATE:
The ban for residential and non-residential construction has been lifted and construction may resume. Construction sites must practice social distancing as required by State regulations.
According to the March 21st order and the FAQ, essential businesses, such as construction are required to follow the following infection control precautions:
• Enforce social distancing measures by requiring patrons, visitors and employees to be separated by six (6) feet, to the extent feasible.
• Provide access to handwashing facilities with soap and water or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Post a sign in a conspicuous place at all public entries to the venue instructing members of the public to not enter if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough. They should also place notices in Spanish as well.
• Adhere to communicable disease control recommendations provided by Public Health, including guidance for cleaning and disinfecting the site.
This link to the LA County Department of Public Health provides up to date information regarding the Coronavirus as well as information to stay safe in public environments.