City Hall Hours are Mondays through Thursdays 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Fridays 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Before you plan a trip to City Hall, check out our Permitting Center Schedule to know when staff and services are available.
The Planning Division is responsible for reviewing project proposals for compliance with the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Coastal Program. Current planning projects range from residential remodels to new commercial developments. Staff serves the Planning Commission by providing reports and detailed analysis for projects subject to discretionary review. Long range community planning projects are also provided by the Planning staff in the form of comprehensive studies, regional planning, municipal code and General Plan amendments.
The following pages provide useful Planning Division information:
- Municipal Code - Contains all City codes including zoning, building, public works, fire, traffic, noise, and health regulations
- Current Projects and Programs - Pending and recent planning projects approved or under review
- Development Regulations - Zoning, Coastal, Guideline, and Municipal code links
- General Plan - Description and links to the Manhattan Beach General Plan
- Planning Commission - Commissioners, Meeting agendas and minutes, Video archives
- Planning Handouts - Application forms and informational handouts
- Related Links - Links to other planning and development resources, including Census info