The links below provide planning information at the county, regional, state, and national levels; including some demographic and property data for Manhattan Beach.
- American Planning Association - A non profit public interest and research organization representing planners, officials, and citizens involved with planning issues.
- California Coastal Commission - Planning for and regulating land and water uses in the coastal zone consistent with the policies of the Coastal Act.
- Directory of Planning Agencies (2016) - Provided by the state of California Governor's office of Planning and Research that provides the names and addresses of key planning officials, the current status of local general plans, and other information regarding a particular jurisdiction.
- CA Governor's Office of Planning and Research - A site for State planning law, CEQA, and other State oriented planning information.
- Census Data - Local demographic information and links to the U.S. Census Bureau
- LA County Assessor's Parcel Map Viewer - Property maps and data
- LA County Housing Authority Rent subsidy programs (State renter information)
- South Bay Cities Council of Governments - A joint powers authority of 16 cities that share the goal of maximizing the quality of life and productivity of our area.
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) - Largest council of government in the United States, functioning as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for six counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, and Imperial