The links below provide most regulations, or references to regulations for using and developing property in Manhattan Beach.
- The Manhattan Beach Municipal Code contains all City codes including zoning, building, public works, fire, traffic, noise, and health regulations.
- Encroachment Standards - Code Section 7.36.150 (PDF) and Encroachment Booklet (PDF) handout.
- Telecom Regulations - Ordinance 2075 (PDF) - Antennas, wireless facilities, etc.
- Zoning Map (PDF) - Area Districts, zoning districts, and coastal zone. The Public Works GIS Interactive Mapping page can provide "parcel reports" for Manhattan Beach properties containing zoning and other parcel data.
- The Zoning Code is located within "Title 10 Planning and Zoning" of the Manhattan Beach Municipal Code. An intermediate index under Title 10 is organized as follows:
Part I - Definitions, Land Use Classifications
Part II - Primary residential, commercial, industrial, etc. district regulations
Part III - Special overlay district regulations
Part IV - General multi-district regulations (e.g, parking, landscaping, accessory structures)
Part V - Administrative regulations and zoning procedures
- Bulk/Volume and Mansionization Page - Recent standards to reduce residential building visual mass
- Coastal Zone Regulations – Coastal Program excerpts
- Downtown Development Guidelines (PDF)
- Sepulveda Development Guide (PDF)
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Sign Regulations - Located within Chapter 10.72 (Title 10, Part IV) of the Manhattan Beach Municipal Code.
- Tree Protection Page - Private residential trees in front and corner-side yards
- Community Development Handout Page