The links below provide most regulations, or references to regulations for using and developing property in Manhattan Beach.
- The Manhattan Beach Municipal Code contains all City codes including zoning, building, public works, fire, traffic, noise, and health regulations.
- On January 21, 2020, City Council adopted Urgency Ordinances 20-0002, 20-0003, 20-0004, and 20-0005, pertaining to "Requiring Equal Number of Replacement Units for Demolished Residential Dwelling Units" and "Accessory Dwelling Units Consistent with new State Requirements." Please refer to the City Council Meeting Agenda (items: 8 and 9) of January 21, 2020 for more information.
- Encroachment Standards - Code Section 7.36.150 (PDF) and Encroachment Booklet (PDF) handout.
- Telecom Regulations - Ordinance 2075 (PDF) - Antennas, wireless facilities, etc.
- Zoning Map (PDF) - Area Districts, zoning districts, and coastal zone. The Public Works GIS Interactive Mapping page can provide "parcel reports" for Manhattan Beach properties containing zoning and other parcel data.
- Area District Map (PDF)
- The Zoning Code is located within "Title 10 Planning and Zoning" of the Manhattan Beach Municipal Code. An intermediate index under Title 10 is organized as follows:
Part I - Definitions, Land Use Classifications
Part II - Primary residential, commercial, industrial, etc. district regulations
Part III - Special overlay district regulations
Part IV - General multi-district regulations (e.g, parking, landscaping, accessory structures)
Part V - Administrative regulations and zoning procedures
- Bulk/Volume and Mansionization Page - Recent standards to reduce residential building visual mass
- Coastal Zone Regulations – Coastal Program excerpts
- Downtown Development Guidelines (PDF)
- Sepulveda Development Guide (PDF)
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Sign Regulations - Located within Chapter 10.72 (Title 10, Part IV) of the Manhattan Beach Municipal Code.
- Tree Protection Page - Private residential trees in front and corner-side yards
- Community Development Handout Page
- Planning and Zoning Fee Schedule
- Citywide User Fee Schedule
- Developer Impact Fees
- Current and prior annual financial reports
Zoning Ordinances, Design, and Development Standards:
- M.B.M.C Chapter 10 Planning and Zoning
- Sepulveda Design Guidelines
- Downtown Design Guidelines
- Concept Handouts
- Development Regulations (See Top Portion of the Page, No Hyperlink)
Application Completeness Checklists: