The Metropolitan Water District (MWD) is relaunching its rebate offers through the SoCal Water$mart Program for Southern California residential water customers. (Residential water customers are those living in houses or apartments, townhomes, condominiums or mobile home complexes with less than five dwellings that are NOT represented by a homeowners association or property management company.)
The rebate system will not require reservations, but applications must be submitted online. A limited number of SoCal Water$mart Rebates are available for specific high-efficiency devices inside your home, and landscape irrigation devices and products for your yard.
How To Apply For a Rebate:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Rebate applications are available online and may also be available at retail stores.
- Rebate reservations are not required.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 45 days after purchase.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- Rebate checks will be issued only to the residential water customer directly.
- Purchases made prior to June 1, 2010 are ineligible for MWD region-wide rebates.
Please refer to the SoCal Water$mart website, or call the rebate hotline at (888) 376-3314 for more information on these applications.