Purchasing City Surplus and Recovered Property

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The General Services Division manages the disposal of surplus City equipment.  Surplus is sold primarily through public auction companies to the general public.  Computers, electronics, recovered property, equipment and vehicles are sold by our contract auction company, Ken Porter Auction Company, and their number is (310) 353-7140.   In some instances, surplus property may be donated to another public agency with prior approval by the City Council.

For further information regarding police recovered property, contact the Property Officer at (310) 802-5154.  We typically hold items in our Property/Evidence storage for 60 days before they are sent to our on-line auction company.