The following document is the check sheet utilized by Manhattan Beach Fire Department while completing TCO/ Final Certificate of Occupancy inspections.
TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE of OCCUPANCY / FINAL CERTIFICATE of OCCUPANCY
Circled items require correction before clearance will be given.
- Address visible from the street.
- Red curbs in front of FDC and/or hydrant(s).
- Fire Lanes clearly marked / posted. Proper emergency vehicle access.
- Exterior alarm (horn/strobe) device visible from the street (minimum of 8' above grade).
- Knox boxes in place with all required keys (access, fire alarm, etc) and information sheet
- All keys are marked / tagged.
- FDC caps in place and intact with no obstructions. Caps turn freely. Proper signage in place.
Fire Alarm System
- Remote annunciation panel visible and accessible.
- A floor plan (drawing/schematic) provided adjacent to the remote panel and is clearly marked.
- Fire alarm detection, initiating, and signaling devices visible and intact (operational).
- Water Flow
- Mag Doors
- All required documentation properly completed and on-site with Approved as-built drawings.
- Circuit breakers for Fire Alarm system are clearly identified and locked OPEN.
Exiting / Exit Signs / Illumination
- Exit signs are visible and illuminated. All signs are in working condition.
- Emergency exit lighting units are operable and aimed properly.
- Exiting system is clear and accessible. Clear and continuous path to the public way.
- Stairwell doors / floor landings are properly identified.
- Emergency Escape Plan is posted where required
- Panic hardware installed and tested (where required)
- Fire extinguishers are within proper travel distance and mounted / located so as to be visible and accessible at all times. Extinguishers must have current CSFM tag
- Kitchen fire extinguisher in place
Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Fire sprinkler control valves and other system control valves clearly identified, secured in the OPEN position and accessible. Area control drawings are visible and mounted properly.
- Kitchen Hood extinguishing system tested / serviced / accepted.
- Standpipe connections are clear and unobstructed. Caps turn freely.
- Fire sprinkler / standpipe system components are properly secured.
- Current T-19 5-year Certificate for the sprinkler system is properly posted.
- There are no obstructions to the fire protection system. Storage at least 24" below fire sprinklers.
- Current State certificate
- Phone and recall function properly
- FD control keys in Knox Box
- All self-closing doors close properly and are tight fitting, with smoke gaskets in place.
- Proper clearance in front of electrical panels (minimum of 3').
- Proper identification on all doors required to be marked (Electrical room, Sprinkler control room, etc.)
- All penetrations in rated walls are properly sealed.
- Spare sprinkler heads, pull station reset equipment, and needed access keys available
- Occupancy load displayed
- All Fire Department Conditions of Approval satisfied. Note any items deferred.
- Emergency contact list is current.
- Contact and other pertinent information entered in premise history at RCC.