Goal of Information Systems
To promote integrated City-wide communications, provide innovative long term enterprise technology solutions, and support current and future technical needs through high quality, cost effective and timely information systems service, telecommunications and infrastructure; to coordinate and manage complete, timely and accurate geographic information system (GIS) data to support geographic data analysis in effective decision making within the organization.
Information Systems Initiatives
- Implement the Information Systems Master Plan (PDF) in alignment with City Council’s Strategic Plan goals
- Plan for and promote e-Commerce, assuring it exists in a safe and stable environment
- Support the Open Government initiative by broadcasting City meetings on the City’s website and local government cable channels, and implement further broadcast capabilities in other City locations
- Promote an e-Government plan, enhance the City's website, and use social media to further the goals of the City and the departments, where appropriate
- Provide City-wide information technology services in support of City departments’ goals and initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and support the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) through continued update of GIS data and application enhancements
During the July 2012 Strategic Planning meeting, the City Council directed staff to develop a new Information Systems Master Plan (ISMP), and suggested that staff consider utilizing an outside resource that would provide a broad and fresh perspective to augment that of City staff. Working with the vendor, Information Systems completed the Information Systems (IS) Master Plan which will guide the organization over the next five years in planning, procuring, implementing and managing current and future technology investments and resources.
The ISMP was approved by City Council in the April 16th City Council meeting. The following is the documentation that was presented: