Safety tips when you're out and about…
- Thieves are looking for an easy target in parking lots of malls, banks, and shopping centers - be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to activity around you.
- Lock your vehicle at all times. This includes when you are going in for “just a minute.”
Avoid leaving valuables in your vehicle. If you must leave packages in your car, put them in the trunk. Keep receipts with you.
- Whenever possible, park and walk in well-lit areas.
- Carry your purse close and tight to your body. Never leave your purse in a shopping cart unattended. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Consider taking only what you need – ID and the credit or debit cards you intend to use.
Personal Safety Resources & Tips
- Preventing Sexual Assault
- Megan's Law
- Tips for Children
- Tips for Seniors
- Pedestrian and Driver Safety Tips
- Halloween Safety Tips