- CALIFORNIA COASTAL COMMISSION
- CALIFORNIA CONSERVATION CORPS
- CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION
- CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
- CALTRANS (Department of Transporation)
- OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
Local / Regional Agencies
Public Works Associations
- AMERICAN PUBLIC WORKS ASSOCIATION (APWA)
- AMERICAN WATER WORKS ASSOCIATION (AWWA)
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (ASCE)
Environmental Organizations and Sites
- CLEAN L.A.
This site provides links to a multitude of other environmentally related web sites, especially other government agencies.
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, known as CalRecycle, is a department within the California Environmental Protection Agency.
- CalRecycle COMPOSTING PAGE
The CIWMB has created a small easy to follow page with instructions on setting-up a composting pile.
- HEAL THE BAY
Heal the Bay is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to making Santa Monica Bay and Los Angeles County coastal waters safe and healthy again for people and marine life.
- HOW TO REDUCE UNWANTED JUNKMAIL
Here you can learn how to reduce most of the junkmail and other "junk" that comes to you.
- LOS ANGELES COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICTS
The Sanitation Districts provide trash disposal, waste water treatment, hazardous waste collection, and water reclamation services for 78 cities in Los Angeles County. This site has excellent information about landfills, water recycling, and wastewater treatment.
- LOS ANGELES COUNTY YARD WASTE RECYCLING PROGRAM
The site is filled with interesting information on how to compost and recycle your yard waste.
- LOS ANGELES REGIONAL WATER QUALITY CONTROL BOARD (LARWQCB)
The LARWQCB is the lead regulatory agency for protecting groundwater supplies, including stormwater pollution prevention (NPDES).
- NO DRUGS DOWN THE DRAIN (New)
This site provides useful information concerning the proper disposal of unused, unwanted, and expired medications
- SANTA MONICA BAY RESTORATION COMMISSION
The Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission is primarily concerned with improving the Santa Monica Bay's water quality.
- SURFRIDER FOUNDATION
The Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots-based, non-profit environmental organization that works to protect the coast.