Instructions for Filing Damages to Person or Property Claims
A claim for Damages to Person or Property may be obtained from the City Clerks Office located at City Hall, 1400 Highland Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA. Please note that once you have completed the form in accordance with the guidelines below you must either return the form directly to the City Clerks office or mail it to the City Attorney.
- Claims for death, injury to person, or injury to personal property must be filed not later than six months after the occurrence. [Govt. Code __ 911.2]
- Claims for damages to real property must be filed not later than one year after the occurrence. [Govt. Code __911.2]
- The contents of this claim must comply with the provision of Government Code __910 and 910.2 or it will be deemed insufficient and rejected and will not stop the claims limitations period from running.
- Attach and sequentially number each additional supporting sheet.
- Read the entire claim before filing.
- YOU MUST SIGN AND DATE THIS FORM BEFORE SUBMITTING. If you do not, the form will be returned to you and the claims limitations period will continue to run.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to receive a conformed copy, YOU MUST provide an extra copy of the Claim and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Return the Completed Damages to Person or Property form to:
City Clerk's Office
City of Manhattan Beach
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266